Shri Bandaru Dattatraya
Hon’ble Governor of Haryana & The Chancellor of the University
Email ID: email@example.com
Shri Bandaru Dattatraya
Chancellor Governor, Haryana
Profile of Hon’ble Governor of Haryana Shri Bandaru Dattatraya
Date of Birth :
12 June 1947
Place of Birth :
Marital Status :
Date of Marriage :
17 May 1989
Spouse’s Name :
Smt B.Vijaya Lakshmi
Late Bandaru Vaishnav
Permanent Address :
B-34, F4,Ram Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana
B.Sc. Educated at Osmania University,
Position Held :
- 1968:Started as RSS Pracharak
- 1974:RSS Vibhag Pracharak
- 1975:Joint Convenor – Loka Sangharsh Samithi (during Emergency Period)
- 1976–77:Arrested under MISA during Emergency
- 1978:Joint Secretary for Cyclone Relief Committee – AP (RSS)
- Taken up Rehabilitation and Housing for Cyclone Victims in Diwiseema AP
- 1979:Pramukh–Seva Bharathi AP
- 1980:Joined BJP and posted as Secretary, Bharatiya Janata Party (B.J.P.), Andhra Pradesh
- 1981-89:General-Secretary, B.J.P., Andhra Pradesh
- 1991:Elected to 10th Lok Sabha,Member, Public Accounts Committee Member, Committee on Welfare of SCs, STs and Minorities
- 1996-98:President, B.J.P., Andhra Pradesh
- 1998:Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1998-99:Union Minister of State, Urban Development
- 1999:Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (3rd term).
- 13 Oct.1999- 13 June 2000:Union Minister of State, Urban Development.
- 14 June 2000- 30 June 2002: Union Minister of State, Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation.
- 1 July 2002- 7 Sept 2003:Union Minister of State, Ministry of Railways
- 8 Sept. 2003- May 2004: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Minister of Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation.
- 2004-2006:National Secretary, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
- 2006–2009:President, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Andhra Pradesh
- 2009–2013:National Executive Member, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
- 2013-2014:National Vice-President, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member, National Manifesto Committee, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
- May,2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha (4th term) Member, Standing Committee on Railways
- 1 Sep 2014-9 Nov 2014: Member, Standing Committee on Railways.
- 12 Sep 2014-9 Nov 2014: Chairperson, Parliamentary Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- 15 Sep. 2014-9 Nov 2014: Member, Committee on Violation of Protocol Norms and
Contemptuous Behavior of Government Officers with Members of Lok Sabha
- 9 Nov 2014- 1 Sept 2017: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Labour and Employment
- 1 Sept 2017: Member, Standing Committee on Finance
- 19 Dec 2018: Chairperson, Joint Committee on Salaries and Allowances of Members of Parliament
- 11th September,2019- 14 July 2021:Governor of Himachal Pradesh
- 15 th July 2021: Assumed the office of Governor of Haryana.
Social and Cultural Activities :
Slum development, especially through house building and supply of potable water; President, Samsakara Bharathi Cultural Organisation, Andhra Pradesh; Founder, Siva Bharathi Slum Development Organisation, 1979; served the victims of cyclones and natural calamities; organised social and cultural activities through voluntary organisations; interested in mythological songs.
Special Interests :
Favourite Pass time and Recreation :
Reading Books and listening to music.
Sports and Clubs :
Carom, Table Tennis and Cricket.
Other Information :
General Secretary, Voluntary Organisations, India; Joint Secretary, A.P. Cyclone Committee(RSS); Member, (i) Tobacco Board, 1991-96; (ii) Coconut Board, 1991-96; (iii) Railway Advisory Committee, 1991-96; and (iv) Telephone Advisory Committee, 1991-96.